Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Quantitative Researcher, you will develop mathematical models using advanced statistical learning methods to build automated trading strategies across multiple asset classes. Our research team collaborates on idea generation and strategy development, while encouraging independent exploration and original approaches. You will have access to clean data integrated with compute resources and the support of experienced researchers, traders and dedicated software developers. You will conduct quantitative analysis of market data to uncover relationships and identify historical trends. We do not require familiarity with or prior experience in financial markets for this role. We will give you the training you need to be successful.
How you will make an impact
- Extract predictive signals from financial data through both traditional statistical analysis methods and cutting edge machine learning techniques
- Assist software developers to translate research strategies into production software
- Optimize the order execution and risk management of our trading system
- Create robust solutions to problems presented in the trading environment
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling techniques to enhance existing trading strategies and perform innovative new research with the goal of identifying and capturing trading opportunities
- Automate human-decision based trading strategies; prototype algorithmic trades from trading ideas
You will be right at home if you have…
- A degree in a technical discipline with a focus on statistics, machine learning, signal processing, optimization and control graduating between December 2018 and August 2019 (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD)
- A curiosity for model development and experience handling large data sets
- Expertise in programming using Python, R, MATLAB, or C++ for conducting research
- Can advocate for your beliefs in a concise and effective way with the team
- Significant hands-on experience applying machine learning algorithms to real world problems
- Strong problem-solving and statistics skills
- The proactive ability to take the lead on assignments and deliver practical research results in a timely manner
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets, and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus, and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and thoughtful collaboration.