Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Let’s get to business. Avant is looking for a new seasoned analytics professional to join the team in Chicago. This position plays a critical role in Avant’s Fraud Analytics Team. This role would be working directly on developing new fraud prevention strategies to minimize risk and optimize the customer experience for Avant’s unsecured loan product. We are looking for a hands on candidate who takes ownership and seeks opportunities. Prior fraud analytics experience is not required.
What you do at Avant:
- Using visualization tools to build dashboards and monitor key performance indicators
- Using data to understand new ways of finding impactful insights from limited data sets and develop recommendations
- Collaborating with cross-functional business partners on new initiatives, project requests, prioritization and delivery
- Developing and implementing verification rules using analytical methods like segmentation, predictive models, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Communicating strategies/proposals/solutions to key stakeholders
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 1+ years analytical experience
- 1+ years of experience leveraging data tools such as SQL, R, Python
- Ability to translate analysis results into clearly defined and implementable strategies/rules
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills with key attention to detail
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative and critical thinking
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description