Senior AML Analyst
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair, and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance the security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience and know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’ll want to read on!
The Pangea Compliance Team is responsible for ensuring that our business is consistent with current financial regulations. This team balances legal and compliance requirements with the needs of our users.
As a Senior AML Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting the AML Officer with SAR- related tasks, own the consumer complaints process, and ensure that Pangea’s team is compliant with all AML laws and regulations.
- Draft and file responses to consumer complaints with state regulatory agencies
- Draft SAR Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes in preparation for committee meetings
- Run SAR Committee Meetings to determine whether or not to file SARs on a customer's activity
- Draft and file SAR narratives with FinCen on individuals displaying unusual or suspicious activity
- Advise on rule developments to streamline alerts generated by the company's automated transaction monitoring system
- Train new employees on AML laws, policies, and procedures
- Run background/watchlist screens on new employees, prospective investors, and current investors
- Perform QC of initial AML alerts when necessary
- Perform 2nd level reviews or investigations that potentially warrant a SAR filing
- Document and improve current AML and compliance processes
- A Bachelor's degree
- Expertise in BSA and OFAC rules and regulations
- At least 2 years of experience in AML/CTF Compliance at a financial institution (fintech or MSB experience preferred)
- Intermediate/conversational Spanish language skills
- Experience drafting SARs
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description