Senior Analyst, Data and Business Reporting
Responsible for using advanced SAS and data management skills to develop and maintain the internal framework by which the Pharmaceutical Development Retail Strategy Group provides analysis and reporting. Compiles data and information to provide analysis support for all Retail Strategy opportunities. Provides decision support on business development opportunities generated within Retail Strategy such as rebates and pharmaceutical development service programs. Evaluates business opportunities proposed by pharmaceutical manufacturers or Retail Strategy team financial analysis and modeling. Analyzes the performance of existing contracts and making recommendations to maximize performance.
- Develops and maintains reporting and analytics infrastructure for team using advanced technical skills.
- Develops and maintains SAS based programs to optimize efficiency of program performance and outcomes.
- Cross-functional collaboration between Pharmaceutical Development Retail Strategy and internal enabling functions as well as external service providers needed to develop, implement and manage reporting requirements.
- Leads the design of analysis plans and protocols to satisfy program objectives for each Retail Strategy program. Coordinates the development of tailored reporting packages, measuring of program performance against established goals, and coordinates the reporting of such results to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Acts as liaison between Pharmaceutical Development Retail Strategy team, NPAD Team and the core enabling groups across Walgreens, as well as external service providers needed to develop, implement and manage reporting and analytics.
- Analyzes and reports, both internally and externally, on the performance and outcomes of manufacturer sponsored programs as well as program offering recommendations.
- Creates reports to provide actionable information to the Retail Strategy group and forecasts to assist Walgreens business units with business planning and strategy.
- Assists the Retail Strategy Group in pricing all new proposals (RFPs) for distribution and service programs with pharmaceutical manufacturers to ensure profitable deals are created. Evaluates bids and proposals to assist Retail Strategy Group with business development decisions related to pharmaceutical manufacture opportunities.
- Collaborates with internal/external vendors to provide web-enabled access to program performance. Collaborates with department Directors to effectively translate departmental reporting needs into tactical resources and deliverables to be used internally and with external customers and stakeholders.
- Assists in budgeting and forecasting all revenue streams related to pharmaceutical manufacturer agreements.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least three (3) years experience in an analysis role to include leading the design of analysis plans.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Advanced programming and technical skill in SAS.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients.
- Experience with analyzing active programs to identify issues, trends, or necessary improvements to capitalize on overall team strategy and drive results.
- Willing to travel up to 10 percent of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and indirectly managing teams across business units.
- Experience in economic modeling with the ability to synthesize information into meaningful conclusions and tactical recommendations.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: modifying default field properties, creating a sub form, adding a control button, modifying query criteria and query totals, using conditional formatting and/or viewing data relationships).