Responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and testing of IT controls (automated, interfaces, and General IT Controls) to ensure compliance with financial control requirements, including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX). Makes recommendations to enhance the IT control environment and remediate identified deficiencies, working collaboratively with business process counterparts and the external audit team. Provides consultation and interpretation of IT-related compliance standards.
- Works collaboratively within the Control teams and with the business to assess and maintain SOX compliance related to IT controls.
- Works collaboratively with external auditors to ensure a successful annual audit.
- Participates in sessions to discuss testing procedures and findings with process owners for IT controls (ITGCs, interfaces, segregation of duties, change management, system and organization controls). Partners with the process owners to develop remediation plans to address deficiencies arising from the testing process. Oversees the implementation of identified remediation tactics.
- Creates and executes detailed IT SOX control testing procedures in accordance with testing plans, ensuring they are executed within the agreed upon timeline and updated to reflect issues identified during testing.
- Analyzes IT processes to determine control strengths and weaknesses and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Monitors IT processes to ensure changes (e.g. process changes, updates to regulations and standards) impacting the IT SOX environment are appropriately identified and assessed.
- Provides project management to specific elements of the Walgreens IT SOX Compliance program by creating and tracking the completion of tasks.
- Creates and maintains a current log of issues compiled from multiple sources.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of IT SOX experience or High School Diploma/ GED and at least 4 years of IT Sox experience.
- 2 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: IT Compliance, IT Audit, IT Security.
- Experience in assessing compliance with SOX
- Experience communicating conceptual and technical information both verbally (on the phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, external clients).
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5-7 years of IT SOX experience.
- 3-7 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: IT Compliance, IT Audit, IT Security.
- Exposure to SOX, PCI and/or HIPAA
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certification provided by International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)².
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) certification provided by Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Additional qualifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Experience in the Retail, Pharmaceutical, or Healthcare industry.