Valued member of the M&A team, which is responsible for motivating the growth of Walgreen Co. through an active mergers and acquisitions program and venture capital fund. Analyzes complex data related to select mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and strategic investments to determine the financial, operational and strategic fit within Walgreen Co. or its various business units.
Works with M&A team members, operations, and functional areas to increase value by making recommendations based on value drivers and value destroyers discovered during analysis and diligence of these strategic transactions. Prepares complex analysis to support weekly/monthly reporting and post deal analysis to provide advanced recommendations to both team members and operations with regards to tracking against valuations and fulfilling obligations of the purchase agreements. Monitors the performance of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and strategic investments to ensure that business and economic standards are being achieved and incorporated into future analyses to improve accuracy.
- Conducts complex review of acquisition and investment candidates and assists in the initial solicitation, analysis and due diligence.
- Coordinates and may lead M&A and venture capital processes.
- Analyzes and identifies outliers, trends, inconsistent information, etc, and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Participates and supports all M&A activities and is a member of the deal team in negotiations with sellers, funds, brokers and attorneys.
- Conducts risk assessment and due diligence to provide recommendations to external and internal stakeholders.
- Facilitates and reviews measurement of acquisition and investment performance and transaction reporting.
- Prepares presentations on historical deal analysis, trends, risk and returns.
- Engages and negotiates with brokers, attorneys, and management to create opportunities and maximize value with regards to strategic acquisition and investment targets.
- Develops, maintains and continuously improves tools used in the M&A and venture capital processes.
- Coaching, mentoring, and training staff including reviewing work of other analysts.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management or economics.
- At least 2 years of experience performing business research such as analyzing financial statements/proxies and utilizing research databases (ie Lexis - Nexis).
- At least 2 years of experience in understanding and analyzing financial modeling.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- At least 2 years of experience using financial metrics, ratios and calculations and public financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow).
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance , Accounting or Economics
- Experience in retail, pharmacy industry, or healthcare industry