A Senior Analytics Data Engineer is responsible for bridging the gap between Data Engineering and Data Analysts. At SpotHero, this role will focus on modeling complex data sets with an eye towards data quality, timeliness and re-use. Day-to-day tasks include but are not limited to writing performant SQL queries and always seeking to improve high use queries, building up reusable pipelines, identifying useful and less than useful data-sets within the existing data warehouses and building relationships between Data Engineering and it’s stakeholders and being an advocate for them.
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
- Data Modeling / Architecting via designing data models and implementing appropriate abstractions for immediate requirements.
- Pipeling via defining agreements, understanding data lineage and dependencies, and develop and maintain existing ETL processes.
- Working with Data Processing Frameworks
- Working with Infrastructure and are aware of different infrastructures capable of utilizing systems in varied workflows.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 2 years and a Master’s degree.
- Strong SQL and data modeling skills. Bonus: Strong Python, Kotlin/JVM experience.
- Knowledgeable of object-oriented and/or functional programming patterns and paradigms.
- Hands on experience with multiple data platforms and tools (eg. S3, Redshift, Airflow, Spark, Presto, Hive).
- Collaborate with analysts to wade through structured and unstructured data lake to identify valuable data set.
- Collaborate with and guide analysts into properly modeling data to meet industry best practices.
- Ensure timeliness, availability and quality of our highest value data-sets that meets established SLOs.
- Ability to provide support for pieces of codebase owned and also understand the codebase with normal direction from peers and data engineers.
- Demonstrated experience with small teams that move fast - all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated experience measuring the impact of technical products across multiple domains through experimentation and statistical analysis.
- Strong ability to communicate on both business and technical subjects.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Annual parking stipend – we help people park!
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.