Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 275+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Zoro will build and maintain reporting and modeling to enable data-driven decisions for users in all areas of the business. The ideal candidate will have experience working with business users to gather reporting requirements and turn those requirements into automated reports and visualizations. They will assist in identifying macro trends in the business translating data requests into actionable insights. They will work towards becoming experts in Zoro's data and partner with the engineering team to source new data and validate the data's integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learning all aspects of Zoro's business and the data assets which can be used to inform decision-making in these areas
- Takes business needs/wants & translates those into measurable requirements
- Develop production reports / models from the Data Warehouse to be used by the business for ongoing analytical and strategic operation plans
- Improving our platform based on user feedback
- Implementing best practices in data visualization and information design
- Ensuring data accuracy and timeliness
- Supports QA activities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, etc, and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Exceptional visualization skills highly desired
- Experience with in Google Data Studio, Tableau, or a similar tool
- Familiarity with the SQL language and database logic
- Experience with a data scripting language desired (R, Python)
- Proven ability to extract high-impact business insights from data
- Hands-on experience building reports and dashboard in consultation with business users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users
- Ability to build data transformation pipelines (ETL) and troubleshoot common issues with them a plus
- Ability to explore data sets and identify data transformation and data quality needs for targeted applications
- Background in Ecommerce or marketing analytics a plus
- Working knowledge of financial and GL reporting
- Intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.