Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Pareto Intelligence
At Pareto Intelligence, what you build has an impact on millions and works to better Healthcare. You’ll do this in one of the fastest growing companies in the Healthcare Analytics space, with a culture that promotes innovation, curiosity, inclusivity, and an impact the community. Pareto’s mission is to liberate and democratize data in the healthcare industry to improve (member and patient) outcomes.
Pareto is part of a broader ecosystem as part of the Convey Health Solutions Family of Companies. Convey Health Solutions is a specialized healthcare technology and services company in the Healthcare space. The Convey Family of Companies also includes two leading management consulting organizations – GHG Advisors and HealthScape Advisors. Together, these organizations seek to make a positive impact for healthcare companies and the individual members and patients they serve.
Pareto seeks an ambitious Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst professional for its Innovation & Analytics Team. Reporting to the VP of Innovation & Analytics, this role will play a strategic role as Pareto supports the analytics needs of the Convey Family of Companies. As such, this role will require a combination of strong business skills, data analytics experience, and the ability to drive forward projects and strategic initiatives.
We are a rapidly growing company with great ambitions! As such, we seek candidates who are excited to be a part of the team and bring a positive, flexible attitude. Over time your responsibilities may change, and we may throw new, complex/challenging problems at you to solve. We are looking for a candidate who shares in our excitement for what we are looking to do and possesses a demonstrated passion, curiosity, flexibility, and positive attitude! In addition, given the nature of the role, we seek candidates with the ability to wear multiple hats and step into a variety of roles.
- Research & Analysis: This role will support the creation and development of analytics in new domain areas and topics for the Convey Family of Companies. As such, this role will require significant research and analysis across internal and industry resources, sourcing of new data sets, and application of new analytical methodologies, as well as the ability to extract analytical requirements from various stakeholders.
- Data Acquisition, Manipulation, & Exploration: This role will work with a mix of existing and new data assets for Pareto. This will require efforts to source, evaluate, manipulate, and explore new data sets. Strong candidates for this role should be experienced with and be expected to perform significant data engineering efforts using SQL, Python, and/or other tools.
- Identification of Key Insights & Metrics: This role will help identify new insights, data points, and metrics to support the Family of Companies’ goals. This will require development of analytical methods in partnership with business stakeholders, the ability to perform iterative review and QA, and a keen eye for identifying valuable insights and metrics. This role may include, but is not limited to, developing descriptive analytics, using statistical analysis, and algorithm development.
- Data Storytelling & Presentation: A key measure of success for this role is the ability to present methodologies, findings, data, and insights to key stakeholders, including executives, partners, and colleagues. This role will use the data to persuade and create a business case for further action or efforts. This will require a combination of Data Visualization skills, presentation development (e.g., PPT, Word, etc.), and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Using New Tools & Technologies: Pareto is constantly evolving its technology stack, as well as the data analytics tools we use. This role will act as an early adopter for these new tools and technologies and help identify new use cases and how new technology can be applied more broadly within Pareto.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a role requiring day-to-day data analytics work, including but not limited to Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Engineering or Data-focused Consulting roles.
- Demonstratable experience in creating data analyses for business stakeholders from raw data.
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and performing analytics using Relational Databases.
- At minimum, a beginner’s proficiency in Python with a willingness to learn in an accelerated time frame. Candidates must have some basic experience with Python.
- Strong interpersonal collaboration and oral communication skills with the ability to manage up and across various departments, teams, and stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to create business and technical documentation, as well as the ability to create PowerPoint presentation materials for stakeholders, customers, and executives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Demonstratable experience working with executives, business stakeholders, partners, and/or clients, including ability to translate complex topics into high-level business terms.
- Demonstratable experience managing small to medium sized projects independently.
Preferred Skills, Experience & Knowledge (in order of importance)
- Prior experience working at a healthcare payer, provider, or technology services organization. Alternatively, prior experience in a management consulting organization with significant data work may also be valued.
- Demonstratable completion of Data Science or Data Analytics focused coursework, including Undergraduate and Graduate degrees or professional programs and courses (e.g., bootcamps, online courses, etc.)
- Proficiency with Tableau.
- Knowledge of core Data Science concepts, including statistics, predictive modeling, and Machine Learning.
- Experience working with Cloud-Based Big Data Technologies, including but not limited to Hadoop and Spark.
- Strong Attention to Detail & Curiosity: You have a keen eye for details and data-driven insights. You can identify valuable insights in vats amount of data and information and are able to connect the dots between technical know-how and business objectives.
- Growth Mindset: You are always looking for ways to improve our products, processes, and, most importantly, yourself (personal and professional development). As part of this you are flexible and adaptable as the needs of our industry, customers, and organization rapidly evolves.
- Passion & Focus on Development: You demonstrate a genuine interest in the work Pareto and the broader Convey Family of Companies do, the healthcare industry, and the field data analytics. You are focused on developing the skills required to succeed in your role and helping Pareto build towards its mission to liberate and democratize data in the healthcare industry.
- Grit: You are focused on execution and are not deterred by challenges and roadblocks. You do all you can to find a way to the right solution and strive create win-win opportunities with others.
Pareto Intelligence is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.