Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a smart, data-driven individual to join our team as the newest Senior Business Intelligence Analyst.
Data analysis and reporting is some of the most important work we do here at PerkSpot. In this role, you will work to define and present our data to business stakeholders. This work will help to define success and investment needs for PerkSpot’s future.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Business Intelligence Team
The Business Intelligence team is made up of like-minded employees who are dedicated to PerkSpot’s success. You will be working with individuals to manage current and future reporting projects, develop and execute SQL queries, and maintain our existing data ecosystems. The BI team also works with PerkSpot’s internal departments, measuring their short and long-term KPIs and helping them stay on track to achieve team goals.
Life as our Senior Business Intelligence Analyst:
- Working with business stakeholders to define their long-term goals and how PerkSpot can help them get there
- Conducting deep dives into PerkSpot’s data to understand its underlying trends and how to present to key stakeholders
- Presenting regular reports (quarterly, annually, etc.) to key stakeholders on applicable aspects of the PerkSpot business
- Regularly running meetings with C-level executives and key stakeholders to identify ways to scale the business based on analytical findings
- Oversee complex data and business analytics projects; manage their deadlines and progress
- Develop and oversee PerkSpot’s internal Business Intelligence ecosystem - build, audit, and maintain data and active visualizations
- Managing Junior Analysts and mentoring them to success
- Attend regular team and staff meetings to go over company goals, success benchmarks, and sales strategies
What we’re looking for:
- At least 4-6 years of experience in data analysis and reporting with visible career growth; startup experience a plus!
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science, or related field
- Past success establishing and executing upon analytics and intelligence strategies
- Experience working with stakeholders and C-level individuals
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to synthesize complicated data concepts into actionable solutions
- Experience developing data visualizations within business intelligence tools
- Strong multitasking skills; ability to manage multiple complex projects at once with little to no direction
- Rich understanding of platform analytics and how data can shape a business model
- Proficiency in SQL
- Demonstrated desire to work hard, grow within your position, and learn
What will REALLY help you stick out:
- Managerial experience, preferably with Junior Analysts
- Graduate degree in related field (Data Analysis, Mathematics, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of the ecommerce industry
- Deep understanding of applicable stats programs - R, SAS, SPSS
- Project portfolio demonstrating proven success in past positions
Your First Few Months:
During your first few months, you will work closely with our Director of Business Intelligence & Analytics to understand the existing data warehouse structure, current KPIs, and our company’s reporting strategies. You’ll then get right into the heart of your job - helping to build ETLs, cards, and dashboards within PerkSpot’s reporting system. Once you’ve mastered that, you will begin managing active SQL queries and other projects and reporting that define the functionality of PerkSpot as a whole.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere.
We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.