Senior Business Risk Control Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsibilities relate to compliance and operational risk/control activities that may include risk assessments, control workflow/systems, control testing, monitoring complaints, third-party risk management, exam management, and risk reporting.
- Ensures effective identification and implementation of controls to manage operational, financial, and compliance risks. Controls workflow/systems: develops and implements job aids, tools, and processes to facilitate efficient execution of policies and procedures and risk and control identification. Control Testing: responsible for executing control testing to ensure that controls are appropriately designed and works to identify control or procedural gaps. Mitigates Third Party Risk: implements third-party management risk activities and initiatives to support the business unit. Ensures all business unit third parties undergo appropriate due diligence and monitoring and have appropriate contract provisions.
- Manages and analyzes key risk metrics within the organization. Identifies negative trends and supports business partners in root-cause analysis and action planning.
- Acts as a key liaison for assigned teams when undergoing regulatory exams, internal compliance reviews, and internal audits. Manages requests for information or documentation, and keeps management apprised of exam status and leading action-planning activities for any findings that may arise. Analyzes data, provides insights on trends, makes recommendations, and tracks remediation efforts.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Financial Services, Compliance, Internal Audit, Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Financial Services, Compliance, Internal Audit, Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Services, Compliance, Internal Audit, Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.