Senior Data Engineer at Pangea Money Transfer
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:52 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance the security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Engineering team builds and maintains new features for the Pangea platform that improve usability, prevent fraud, and create APIs and services that work with our partners to launch new markets, payment methods, and capabilities. Our platform includes a set of native iOS, Android and Web apps and a set of API microservices built using multiple languages, all hosted on AWS.
If you have an entrepreneurial passion, are motivated by building successful products and learning new technologies and systems, then we want to talk to you!
- Integrate third-party API or batch data sources into our data platform, driving business metrics across the company for product insights, marketing effectiveness, fraud prevention, financial reporting, compliance, and operational monitoring
- Define and implement policies for how information in our data warehouse is collected, stored, organized, transformed, distributed, and consumed
- Establish a data analysis framework using machine learning that combines behavior data, transaction monitoring, and third-party fraud intelligence
- Implement robust automated data integrity mechanisms to reconcile multiple data sources, while being comfortable investigating complex data discrepancies
- Collaborate with internal SMEs across the business in developing a broad understanding of data needs
- BS or MS degree in computer science, or a related field
- Proven expertise with SQL databases (MySQL) and data warehouses (Snowflake or Redshift)
- Strong knowledge of ETL or data orchestration tools (Airflow, dbt, or Matillion)
- Worked with NoSQL databases (MongoDB or DynamoDB)
- Experience with python and AWS
- Experience with streaming data solutions (Kinesis, Kafka, or Spark)
- Knowledge of machine learning solutions (AWS Sagemaker, preferably)
- Strong understanding of BI tools (Looker or Periscope)
- An ability to learn quickly, you desire excellence, have attention to detail, and want to work with others who share these traits
- An entrepreneurial spirit at heart that thrives in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description