Senior Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Have a view of Vivid Seats data architecture and understand how a specific system works with the application
- Create data models or designs while thinking of the requirements and get buy in from stakeholder
- Interact with a variety of other engineering teams within the company
- Guide junior data engineers
- Stay up to date on new and emerging technologies, planning accordingly to incorporate valuable concepts to enhance our data schema and capabilities.
As a Data Engineer focusing on databases, you will:
- Build databases and tooling around data stores for use by our production systems.
- Model and assist in designing our transactional data stores while partnering with our engineering teams.
- Design the life cycle of the data transformation working taking into account needs from our BI team, data governance, data quality and security. This approach will include batch processing and streaming of data feeds.
To be successful, you'll need:
- Experience in either modeling transaction or data warehousing with an interest in learning both methodologies
- Expert knowledge of a relational database platform such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle or SQL Server
- Familiarity with data migration tools such as Liquibase or Flyway
- Experience with one of the newer data warehouse technologies such as Redshift, Big Query or Snowflake
- Cloud experience with either GCP, AWS or Azure and experience running data platforms within a cloud environment
- ETL Pipeline and tooling experience
- A willingness to being in an on-call rotation
Additional Experience of Interest:
- Coding and scripting experience using Java, Python, or Bash
- Experience with Configuration as Code tools such as Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment using tools such as Git or Jenkins
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats provides an opportunity to scale our best in class platform, allowing our fans to sit closer and see more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606