Senior Data Scientist
Driver or driverless - all cars will SpotHero.
At SpotHero, we are focused on building a platform and a suite of consumer products that will take parking your car into the future: always connected, zero touch and a seamless experience on the street, with a valet, at an event, or at a lot. By doing this, we will transform an industry and change the technological landscape for parking. We want to deliver a magical experience for drivers everywhere.
Data is fundamentally the voice of the customer for us. It is a snapshot of a user’s actions and thoughts at a particular time and it’s one of our most valuable assets since it serves as a real and actionable data set that can help us create more compelling and innovative products for our customers. Data science sits on top of our data and serves to translate and decipher it into something that can inform our overall design, architecture, and strategy.
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
- Collaborate with team members across the business (engineering, product, design, marketing) to define and implement creative solutions for experiments and analysis that will exponentially grow our business.
- Work with product and marketing to analyze behavioral patterns and ideate on strategies for increasing new customers and overall customer retention.
- Act as a key contributor across the organization by clearly articulating data-driven recommendations and insights quickly and concisely.
- Be part of a cross-functional squad that includes infrastructure and data engineers.
- Work with the VP of Engineering and others to help define and refine the data strategy and roadmap for 2018/2019.
- Dig in and understand our products and how our customers use them via analysis of large heterogeneous data sets.
- Design and build data visualizations and dashboards used across the business.
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent work experience - we value hard work and building innovative solutions, so showing us that you have done that is more important than your major.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a B2C company with a track record of using data to innovate and drive growth.
- Strong SQL skills
- Above average programming skills in Python and/or R (including Pandas, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, Matplotlib/Seaborn/some other visualization tool)
- Project experience using distributed data analytics technologies (eg Spark, Presto, Hive)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with a modern data pipeline technology stack (eg Airflow)
- Kubernetes and/or Mesos experience
- Kafka, Spark and/or Flink experience
- Aurora and/or Postgres experience
- Data visualization using D3.js
- AWS experience
- Open source contributions to a few major projects
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we're a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply:
Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and (especially) any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.