Senior Data Scientist
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
What you’ll do:
- You will own the analytic lifecycle for product development - consult with product managers on the best metrics to use for measuring new feature success, how to instrument them, and finally how to run experiments to get feedback on those initiatives
- You will move the needle by making Flexport more productive – your output will help shape the path of decisions at every level, every day, across the entire organization
- You will do research on our own data to discover trends in the global freight market and help turn those insights into impact
- You will contribute and grow the culture of excellence on our team by bringing processes and best practices to our group
What you’ll need:
- You have 3-5+ years experience in a Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role doing A/B testing for Product Development
- You have exceptional analytic ability – intrinsic understanding of how to craft a metric and the inherit trade-offs to different approaches
- You have bias for value-creation; making due with the data available to give the best recommendation to the business
- You have next level communication skills and empathy to understand and discover business pain points, specify solutions, and build analyses towards understandable results
- You have the ability to think organizationally – we are growing fast and always need to understand where our data came from, where it will be going, and the processes required to interpret, understand, improve and action it
- You have experience in a fast-paced work environment & a bias for action. You can quickly create insight with impeccable accuracy
- You have a value-first approach to doing analytics. You care about the actionable nature of your analyses.
Where you’ll work:
We’re new to Chicago and looking for lifelong learners who want to be a part of a founding team. Come help us build the culture at Flexport!
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Culture & Values:
Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport