Senior Data Solution Architect at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We are looking for an experienced, Senior Data Solution Architect who is passionate about data and has a successful track records of aligning business goals and system strategies with roadmaps, decomposing complex problems, navigating conflicts and architecting solutions through collaborating with cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate both breadth and depth across multiple disciplines including Big Data landscape and Cloud-based solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including product and data scientist partners to understand business needs. Design and enhance advanced analytics solutions supporting strategic business priorities
- Identify and communicates technical options, concerns and trade-offs to business leaders. Determine the best design given use cases and constraints
- Design and implement architecture to support advanced analytics solutions and enrich data in the platform
- Partner with business, governance, and Infrastructure teams to establish data pipeline standards and processes and best practices guidelines to ensure quality and consistency of data in the platform
- Develop a complete understanding of data flows related to the analytics platform. Identify potential issues and improvement opportunities, and continuously evolve data pipeline design
- Creates design- and system-impact documents. Oversees and consults with project teams. Ensures system strategies are understood and are being adhered to.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, champion innovation and proof-of-concept data projects.
- Participate in technology communities, act as an internal mentor to users of these platforms and spearhead new data technologies / practices adoption within organization
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Technical or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Technical or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Hands-on experience building prototypes and solutions using modern Data-analytic tools, open source components
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies and concepts, Real-time analytics, and Streaming data platform 2+ years’ experience working with AWS technologies or other cloud providers
- 2+ years’ experience in Financial services
- Analytics experience
- Building data-analytic solutions leveraging technologies including MPP Data Platforms, Spark, NIFI, Kafka, Python, R
- Experience with cloud migration, Next-Gen data analytics technology solutions
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.