Senior Manager, Agile Analytics
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Requisition Number P158808_S1 Job Type Full Time Post Date Location Riverwoods (IL) Functional Area Analytics Maximum Salary 0 Minimum Salary 0 Requisition Shift
This is a mission critical key managerial role within the Discovers Decision Management team. Responsibilities include leading the efforts to develop industry best-in-class big data analytics, capabilities and processes. The position calls for an innovative and big data analytics focused manager, who has a proven track record of translating insights into business value leveraging data science in a dynamic and agile technology environment.
The successful candidate will work in a cross-functional environment with Decision Science, Credit Risk, Marketing and Business Technology teams. As an integral part of the decision management team, this Senior Manager also shares the responsibility of improving core metrics related to portfolio growth, credit & fraud losses and customer experience.
- Lead the development and implementation of best-in-class Big Data analytical capabilities that leverages structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources
- Execute large value projects across business areas of Acquisitions, Fraud, Retention and Collections using sophisticated analytical design, advanced machine learning techniques and agile deployment
- Drive program-based analytics and implementation prioritization and scheduling with financial accountability, visibility and alignment with key P&L goals
- Maintain a high level of competency in analytical principles, machine learning tools and techniques
- Review external data and vendors; Identify, evaluate and recommend alternatives to business solutions. Keep DFS on analytics and technology frontier
Candidate must have a strong analytical background and a proven track record of utilizing advanced machine learning and big data capabilities in solving business problems.
Detailed requirements include,
- Masters Degree in Quantitative Business/Econometrics/Computer Science/Industrial Engineering, or a quantitative or business discipline with experience in design and execution of analytically derived decisions in a consumer financial services setting
- Expertise in advanced analytics, statistical techniques and machine learning.
- Thorough knowledge and working experience in hybrid Sql/NoSql environments such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, SAP HANA, as well as relational/structured Teradata/Oracle environments
- Deep knowledge of rules engines such as BLAZE, TRIAD, Strata; query, reporting and visualization tools such as SqL, Tableau, Hyperion, Cognos, BO, Hive; modeling and optimization software such as SAS, R, Model Builder, Angoss Studio, Python
- Understanding of third-party data and analytics services providers such as the CRAs (Experian, Equifax, Transunion), FICO, SAS, Lexis-Nexis, Acxiom, Palantir, IBM Analytics
- Experience: 5+ years of progressively expanding experience in Analytics and Technology roles that leveraged new technology platforms and advanced analytic tools in a big Data Hadoop environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.