Senior Manager, Enterprise Data Quality
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading a team that designs and documents operational and analytical databases.
- Manages, coaches, and develops team members.
- Reports progress and status to management.
- Supports data management initiatives and enforces data management standards.
- Partners with the business and technology teams to complete business initiatives.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Information Technology, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 15+ years of experience in Data Modeling, Data Governance, Data Analytics, Data Stewardship, Management, 5+ years of work experience in leading a technical team with focus on project delivery, work experience in staff management (i.e., delegation, hire, fire, performance evaluations, mentoring, motivating, coaching, development, etc.).
- A deep understanding of Enterprise Data Quality function and how quality data fuels safe and sound operations, and innovation
- Experience with aggregating data quality results from various systems across the enterprise into a central Enterprise Data Quality Repository and showing end-to-end data quality at attribute and dataset level
- Experience in data management for Cloud data assets
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in in Information Technology, or related field
- Experience with AbInitio DQE and Metadata Hub
- Experience with AWS Cloud (S3, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Lambda, etc.)
- Experience with developing REST API
- Experience with Programming languages such as Java, Python, Spark
- Experience with MPP databases such as Teradata, Netezza, Snowflake or Redshift
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, etc.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!