Senior Manager, Market Research & Insights at Walgreens
Key member of the US Retail & Owned Brands Research team. Leads a team of research professionals in the strategic design and execution of world-class research in order to support and uphold the corporate vision of improving our communities’ health and wellbeing. Responsible for uncovering insights; work with key cross-functional partners across all major lines of business. Influence strategy, develop communications and design programs to improve our communities’ health.
- Lead, develop and coach a team of market researchers.
- Guide the design and development of primary research leveraging a wide range of methods and appropriate sampling techniques.
- Ensure studies are completed with excellence, with high quality deliverables and actionable insights.
- Build team’s skills by identifying training needs and active coaching.
- As a member of key business teams, share and embed understanding of the consumer. Identify strategic initiatives where research is needed and ensure it is done in time to impact decisions. Make strong recommendations and guide interpretation of results throughout the planning and execution phases.
- Be a thought leader, leading strategic research to guide the direction of the company, ensuring alignment with customer needs and bringing modern and progressive approaches and techniques that bring the voice of the consumer to life.
- Partner with Insights to integrate sales data and consumer data into one cohesive view.
- Develop and strengthen existing vendor partnerships, and continually explore new partnerships and methods to stay on cutting edge of research. Identify and partner with best in class research suppliers to design leading edge research and ensure flawless execution and delivery of results.
- Work with Market Research Director to prioritize and manage research budget.
- Oversee design of questionnaires, discussion guides, fielding and analysis of results.
- Create actioinable insights based on sound analysis and synthesis of several data sources, transforming data into insights.
- Influence outcomes through compelling deliverables that focus on key insights and recommended actions and outcomes.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing research, analytics, or related field required with at least four years of market research experience, OR High school diploma/GED with at least seven years of market research experience.
- Extensive experience leading customer qualitative and quantitative research including a variety of research methods such as A&U, segmentation, conjoint, focus groups, shop-alongs and ethnographic work.
- Experience working with consumer trackers (e.g., brand health tracking, Voice of the Customer).
- Experience with media research (e.g., marketing mix, media measurement and testing, ad/creative testing, positioning research).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to influence and collaborate with all levels of the business, both by formal and informal communication.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s degree
- Health or Retail experience preferred.
- Experience with digital research methods.
- Experience managing consumer trackers.
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined environment juggling multiple projects with different priorities.
- Ability to effectively manage large-scale brand research and budgets including communications, packaging, retail data, consumer closeness, and concept/product development.