Senior Principal Behavioral Insights at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for leading behavioral insights initiatives and driving marketing strategies, persuasive messaging, and user experiences to create business impact across value streams. Applies behavioral sciences to gain trust, ease decision making, and enhance satisfaction among consumers. Develops, grows, and manages a trusted network of external behavioral experts and leverages them to solve behavioral challenges. Advocates for, and oversees, the design and execution of behavioral studies and communicates outcomes to senior management. Utilizes data science to establish links between attitudinal and behavioral data. Manages advanced analytical efforts to extract insights from market research studies.
- Leads behavioral insights initiatives and serves as a strategic thought partner for key value streams across the organization to help drive desired consumer behaviors. Understands business partner’s goals and formulates relevant research objectives and hypotheses. Conducts qualitative customer research, quantitative survey research, competitive analysis, and synthesizes past research. Communicates findings to internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Conducts psychological analysis to identify key behavioral triggers, biases, and heuristics. Develops persuasive messaging and business strategies to influence perception and drive behavioral change. Recommends the appropriate approach to test behavioral nudges. Influences business partners to implement recommendations and improve business results.
- Manages advanced analytics conducted by both internal and external teams with an emphasis on market research. Leverages advanced analytical techniques, including data mining and machine learning, to understand consumer attitudes and behaviors. Establishes links between survey-based measures and business outcomes.
- Develops the behavioral capability toolkit and manages a trusted external behavioral insight network. Frames business needs and ensures quality of deliverables.
- Mentors team members and develops their knowledge and application of behavioral techniques.
- Partners with marketing and customer service teams to better integrate behavioral insights into the website and applications, brand communications, and representative phone interactions.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Master's Degree in Behavioral Economics, Human Factors, Consumer Psychology, Marketing, Business Strategy, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Consumer Insights, Marketing Strategy, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Advanced Analytics or Data Mining
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years Of Experience In Consumer Insights, Marketing Strategy, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of practical applications experience in Behavioral Science
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.