Senior Principal Business Architect
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced, senior leader with a successful track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams across the business, analytics and technology. This individual will work on next-generation solutions leveraging Advanced Analytics and Real-time data services converting requirements and business strategies into actionable architectural designs and blueprints. This individual needs to demonstrate both breadth and depth across multiple disciplines including Big Data landscape and Cloud-based solutions.
Understand how the business domain area works and the larger organization. Understand the strategy, key business drivers and key initiatives translating how data and analytics can contribute to solving those needsProvides outside perspective on trends and advises business and management on strategic opportunities where data and analytic capabilities can solve unmet needsUnderstand business problems/processes to evaluate if solution meets business needPromote long term success by promoting ways to maximize benefits of the solution in use Draw individual expertise and research skills and help customer understand best practices Evaluate business maturity using method/tools, proactively proposing solutions to mature customer to meet business objectivesPersuade and facilitate decision making via financial impact analysis and business casesDetermines objectives and sets a vision, while anticipating potential threats or opportunities in the formulation of effective action plans that deliver the priorities of the organization – systems, business and technologyDevelop and drive strategies to ensure success is met Build, monitor and review strategies to drive adoption by customer and success deliver the desired change Lead detailed discussions to evaluate and workshops to determine business needs, translate to workable solutions, value deliveryWork with various stakeholders to determine the most appropriate solutions to address business, performance and operational needs Continuously innovate and refine processes/tools/techniques to maximize E&E of the team Shape knowledge, practices and methodologies across business consulting practice Provide thought leadership in improving and developing new tools, methods, best practices
- Partner with product managers and product owners to understand business needs and develop architecture patterns and blueprints that can be built by the engineers
- Create, present, and deliver data and platform solutions, roadmaps, and featured use cases at customer meetings, working sessions, educational sessions, and events
- Help build a culture of learning and innovation with a focus on learning new data technologies / practices and spearheading adoption within the organization
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in technology communities and act as an internal mentor to users of these platforms
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
- At least 7 years experience working in software, data or architecture role
- Hands-on experience building prototypes and solutions using modern Data-analytic tools
- Experience architecting Real-time solutions to enable business capabilities
- Proven track record of mentoring team in adopting new technologies
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies and concepts, Real-time analytics, Streaming data platform and machine learning tools
- Experience migrating traditional architectures to next-gen data-analytic technology solutions
- Hands-on experience integrating open source components into data-analytic solutions
Working with vendors to enhance tool capabilities to meet enterprise needs
- 2+ years experience working with AWS technologies or other cloud providers
- 2+ years experience in Financial services
- Analytics experience
- Building data-analytic solutions leveraging technologies including MPP Data Platforms, Spark, NIFI, Kafka, Python, R
- Experience/Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.