Senior Quantitative Researcher, FICC Options Trading
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It is a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results with competitive compensation packages.
The Fixed Income Currency and Commodities (FICC) Options Researchers at DRW apply tools from a variety of disciplines including statistics, control theory, machine learning, optimization, and signal processing to develop algorithmic trading strategies. Our research team collaborates on idea generation and strategy development, while encouraging independent exploration and original approaches.
- Research new market features for predictive properties
- Identify inefficiencies in the financial markets and characterize them with mathematical models
- Predict price movements using statistics, signal processing and machine learning
- Design automated trading agents that achieve efficient execution
- A Ph.D. with a focus on machine learning, signal processing, optimization, control or statistics
- 2+ years of professional work experience in statistics, machine learning, or a related area within financial services or a similarly quantitative field
- Experience in handling large data sets using languages such as Python, R, or MATLAB
- Significant hands-on experience with formulating a research problem, conducting the research and developing a working system
- An active interest in financial markets demonstrated by professional, educational, or personal experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior professional experience in finance is not necessary; finance-specific training will be provided