Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 500,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for a highly motivated Senior Tax Analyst to join its Controllership group. This role will support the Tax Manager’s goal of efficient and effective tax planning, research, and compliance for all tax matters. This position will report to the Tax Manager, work closely with other members of Avant’s finance team, and communicate across functions to gather financial data and serve internal and external stakeholders. Above all, the Tax Manager is looking for a collaborative team member, an independent thinker and someone who truly enjoys being a tax professional.
What you will do
- Prepare Federal and state income tax workpapers, gather relevant internal documentation, and work with external providers to prepare Federal, foreign, and state and local corporate income and franchise tax returns and partnership tax returns.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual tax provision calculations and tax footnote disclosures in Excel, with trend toward quarterly provisions.
- Memorialize Federal, state, and local tax research and conclusions.
- Compute and electronically pay state and local extension and estimate payments.
- Timely respond to and resolve Federal and state income tax notices.
- Support Tax Manager on tax planning and process initiatives with by effectively communicating with external service providers and internal stakeholders.
- Partner with other members of Controllership to access accounting systems to pull reports for the preparation of tax returns, tax provisions, and state apportionment.
- Gather information for and prepare monthly and annual state and local sales and use tax filings.
Why you are a fit
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or Master of Science in Taxation is preferred but not required.
- 2 + years of public accounting or financial or service industry experience with corporate, partnership and multi-state income tax compliance, ASC 740 and basic tax research is required. Some sales and use tax knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to think “outside the box” to support tax planning, process and compliance initiatives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) is required and familiarity with NetSuite and Looker are welcomed.
- Ability to work independently and communicate tax issues clearly with non-tax teams is critical.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.