Software Engineer, Global Quantitative Modeling and Analytics at DRW
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with expertise in designing, building and supporting financial applications and distributed services targeting Front Office users, Risk Management and Operations. You will be joining a team responsible for providing models and analytics to the DRW businesses firm-wide and will be instrumental in helping define and implement software solutions for pricing, risk management, PnL and scenario analysis. Your work will be used throughout the organization on a daily basis by traders, risk managers, and back office analysts.
To qualify for this role, you:
- Have 2-5 years of experience working in a software engineering role
- Can demonstrate hands-on proficiency with C#, Java, SQL
- Have a strong educational background with a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- Have experience with database development (particularly MS SQL Server)
- Have experience developing, deploying and supporting distributed services, including hands-on experience with IIS
- Have experience with integration of C++ libraries with .NET and/or Java solutions
- Are able to provide live support of distributed software solutions responsible for the generation of risk and PnL numbers for multiple businesses in different geographical locations
- Are comfortable with Windows and Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu) environments
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team that includes traders, software engineers, and quants
- Have a proven track record of working independently with minimal oversight and driving projects and initiatives to completion
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working closely with Front Office (trading, research) at a major financial institution
- Knowledge of Fixed Income products and Interest Rate derivatives (including Risk, PnL attribution, scenario analysis, etc.)
- Familiarity with common IR derivatives models (Yield Curves, Option Pricing, SABR, etc.)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of financial derivatives and models used to price them
- Experience developing web-based UIs
- Experience writing batch and shell scripts
- Experience with statistical analysis and working with large datasets provided in relational or key-value databases
- Experience with data presentation and visualization
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.