Solution Architect – Advanced Analytics
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity: Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced, senior leader with a successful track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams across the business, analytics and technology. This individual will work on next-generation solutions leveraging Advanced Analytics and Real-time data services converting requirements and business strategies into actionable architectural designs and blueprints. This individual needs to demonstrate both breadth and depth across multiple disciplines including Big Data landscape and Cloud-based solutions.
This role will sit at our cutting-edge downtown Chicago location at 350 N. Orleans.Responsibilities:
- Partner with product managers and product owners to understand business needs and develop architecture patterns and blueprints that can be built by the engineers
- Create, present, and deliver data and platform solutions, roadmaps, and featured use cases at customer meetings, working sessions, educational sessions, and events
- Help build a culture of learning and innovation with a focus on learning new data technologies / practices and spearheading adoption within the organization
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in technology communities and act as an internal mentor to users of these platforms
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
- At least 7 years’ experience working in software, data or architecture role
- Hands-on experience building prototypes and solutions using modern Data-analytic tools
- Experience architecting Real-time solutions to enable business capabilities
- Proven track record of mentoring team in adopting new technologies
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies and concepts, Real-time analytics, Streaming data platform and machine learning tools
- Experience migrating traditional architectures to next-gen data-analytic technology solutions
- Hands-on experience integrating open source components into data-analytic solutions
Working with vendors to enhance tool capabilities to meet enterprise needs
- 2+ years’ experience working with AWS technologies or other cloud providers
- 2+ years’ experience in Financial services
- Analytics experience
- Building data-analytic solutions leveraging technologies including MPP Data Platforms, Spark, NIFI, Kafka, Python, R, Python
#LI-KE We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.