Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 500,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for an intellectually curious and highly motivated Sr. Associate-Fraud, who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our Credit Card team. We are looking for a high energy individual who has a strong work ethic and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal departments and external partners.
What you do at Avant
- Develop and implement Fraud rules using analytical methods like segmentation, predictive models, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Use visualization tools to build dashboards and monitor key performance indicators
- Use data to understand new ways of finding impactful insights from limited data sets and develop recommendations
- Own and run key processes to reduce credit and fraud losses.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners on new initiatives, project requests, prioritization, and delivery
- Communicate strategies/proposals/solutions to key stakeholders
What you might own at Avant:
- Fraud Transaction Decline Strategies
- Overseeing fraud operations and procedures
- Revamping Avant’s core fraud rules
- Provide mapping for our dispute process
- Credit Abuse/1st Party Fraud prevention
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Statistics, Business Analytics, related field, or its equivalent (Master's preferred)
- 5+ years of analytical experience in the consumer finance industry
- Experience working with Fiserv processing e.g. Defense Edge, Spend Trends etc.
- 3+ years of experience leveraging data tools such as SQL, R, Python
- 5+ years of experience conducting data analytics in a lending/banking organization
- Ability to translate analysis results into clearly defined and implementable strategies/rules
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills with key attention to detail
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative, and critical thinking
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.