Sr. Manager, Advanced Analytics Production Support
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Advanced Analytics Platforms (AAP) team at Discover is looking for a Sr. Manager, Advanced Analytics Operations. In this role you will support the day-to-day operations of our analytics department that is responsible for moving mass amounts of data that powers our business and systems. If your mindset is production first, process modernization and optimization, and creative problem solving, then this is a perfect role for you.
In this role you will:
- Provide Day-to-Day oversight of production batch operations
- Partner with Data Operations teams on Root Cause Analysis for production issues
- Lead and manage the production operations team
- Work closely with Data operations on issue trends and analysis
- Attract, recruit and lead a high-performance operations team
- Partner with internal and external teams on major systems initiatives
- Provide Disaster Recovery assessments and opportunities
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, related field or military experience
- Proven ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus
- Excellent problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
- At least 7 years of experience in a Technology based environment
- At least 3 years of experience in a Technology Leadership position
- At least 4 years of professional work experience in data warehousing / analytics
- At least 3 years of ITSM operations
- At least 3 years of IBM Workload Scheduler
- At least 1 year of experience working with cloud data capabilities
- Masters Degree or PhD
- 4+ years of experience in IBM Workload Scheduler
- 4+ years experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL (Preferably Teradata)
- 4+ years of UNIX/Linux experience
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing operations
- 1+ years of experience in developing large and complex event processing platforms
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.