Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 5 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
As Sr. Manager, Data Engineering at Zoro, you are responsible for leading a team of agile data experts that oversee engineering and administration of analytics data management platform and integrations. In this role, you will be responsible for pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation to deliver business-critical features. We are looking for a proven data leader who will champion data-driven culture within the organization; someone who is comfortable architecting and implementing cutting-edge cloud-native data solutions, managing and mentoring data engineers, collaborating closely with key stakeholders and managing production operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of agile data experts to deliver data features that are critical for the business
- Oversee daily operations, management, maintenance and production support for Zoro data platform
- Utilize cloud-native technology and services in Google Compute Platform to architect, design and implement next-gen data products
- Collaborate with key IT and business stakeholders to define, prioritize and implement data projects
- Promote a culture of high-performance by balancing innovation and operational excellence
- Be the champion for organizational change management as we transform to a data-driven culture
- Leverage data management best practices to maximize business value
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in data management
- Superior communication and business-technical interaction skills
- Expert-level SQL skills
- Expert knowledge of data modeling concepts and data relationships
- Solid experience in analytics data architecture, database design and data engineering pipelines
- Strong team player
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working with and mentoring agile data teams
- Prior experience with product information management in a retail or ecommerce environment
- At least 4 years of ETL/ELT experience
- At least 3 years of data modeling experience
- At least 2 years working with cloud data technologies including batch/streaming ETL
- At least 2 years of experience in Python or R for large scale data analysis
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.