Technical Marketing Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover Financial Services Developer Advocacy Program is looking for a highly motivated and creative individual who has a strong mix of technology and marketing focus.
As a Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) on the Developer Advocacy Program, you will be responsible for setting the direction on creation and communication of marketing material on Discover’s technology initiatives, strategy, proof of concepts, platforms and enterprise applications.
- Organizes database clusters, backups, and recovery processes.
- Designs databases to support business applications. Ensures system scalability, security, performance, and reliability.
- Develops data models for applications, metadata tables, views, and related database structures. Develops database architectural strategies at the modeling, design, and implementation stages.
- Collaborates with technology teams to understand business and industry requirements.
- Provides a marketing perspective for technology and create resources for Discovers IT Department to explain complex technologies, such as Openshift Container Platform and Cloud Native Development.
- May present at internal meetups to speak to the developer community on what Developer Advocacy is doing and gather feedback on future direction.
- Additionally work with Discover’s IT Leaders and Architects to determine what trends we should focus on and create material for presenting to leadership.
- Act as the Developer Community Manager for internal Developer Communications Portal.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Technical or other relevant field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Technical or other relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starting initiative with the interest, ability, and energy to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A firm sense of accountability and ownership of projects with a demonstrated ability to drive successful completion.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across department teams.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!