Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
We are looking for a motivated analyst to help drive strategy and planning for Flexport’s Treasury operations. This role will serve as the research and decision making arm of Flexport’s Treasury team, and is critical for our ability to make optimal working capital decisions and maximize our cash position for long term growth. The analyst will help :
- develop strategy for long-term cash flow and investment decisions, and
- create action plans for near-term (3 month) cash needs to drive daily Treasury operations.
The ideal candidate should have strong expertise in financial analysis, good communications, and a good knowledge base of the financial markets, investment products, and credit products.What you’ll do in:
- Create cash flow models and forecast for Flexport and its subsidiaries globally and track performance to plan
- Model and analyze Flexport’s weekly cash position to inform weekly Treasury operations and funding movements
- Manage borrowings and repayments on the line of credit to maximize working capital while minimizing cost of borrowing
- Prepare quarterly research and recommendations on investment products and portfolio to help manage Flexport’s investment portfolio and drive investment decisions
- Collaborate with Finance Operations to implement process improvements to enhance Flexport’s working capital position and drive long term
- 2 years+ of working experience
- Strong analytical skills and financial modeling experience
- A solid understanding of Flexport’s business model and products
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to think and communicate commercially is critical!
- You are proficient in Netsuite, G Suite, Microsoft Excel and preferably SQL/Looker