Treasury Strategy and Planning Analyst at Flexport (Chicago, IL)
Flexport is reinventing global trade.
About Flexport:We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.The Opportunity:
We are looking for a motivated analyst to help drive strategy and planning for Flexport’s Treasury operations. This role will serve as the research and decision making arm of Flexport’s Treasury team, and is critical for our ability to make optimal working capital decisions and maximize our cash position for long term growth. The analyst will help :
- develop strategy for long-term cash flow and investment decisions, and
- create action plans for near-term (3 month) cash needs to drive daily Treasury operations.
The ideal candidate should have strong expertise in financial analysis, good communications, and a good knowledge base of the financial markets, investment products, and credit products.What you’ll do in:
- Create cash flow models and forecast for Flexport and its subsidiaries globally and track performance to plan
- Model and analyze Flexport’s weekly cash position to inform weekly Treasury operations and funding movements
- Manage borrowings and repayments on the line of credit to maximize working capital while minimizing cost of borrowing
- Prepare quarterly research and recommendations on investment products and portfolio to help manage Flexport’s investment portfolio and drive investment decisions
- Collaborate with Finance Operations to implement process improvements to enhance Flexport’s working capital position and drive long term
- 2 years+ of working experience
- Strong analytical skills and financial modeling experience
- A solid understanding of Flexport’s business model and products
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to think and communicate commercially is critical!
- You are proficient in Netsuite, G Suite, Microsoft Excel and preferably SQL/Looker
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.