Warehouse Global Business Analyst
Help Grow Flexport Warehousing Services The opportunity:
Flexport Warehousing Services is an integral part of Flexport operations and is planning to expand rapidly with several new sites globally to improve end-to-end operational control and provide a superior customer experience. Our aim is to build highly efficient warehouses of the future for freight forwarding.
As a result of our very ambitious growth plans we're looking for a Global Solutions Business Analyst to join our growing Warehousing Services Team who will propel us in our next phase of growth. In this new role the Business Analyst will drive several projects related to growing our footprint, standardizing our blueprint and also improving day-to-day operational efficiency globally.
- Conduct complex efficiency improvement studies based on volume flows, growth and current processes to determine the optimal operating model, hardware and future processes for our warehouses
- Develop standardized global and regional KPI dashboard structure for Warehousing Services and work with Data science team to implement these (basic SQL knowledge needed for this)
- Conduct studies to quantify efficiency improvements (e.g. cost benefit of using new hardware in the warehouse)
- Monitor regular progress on key Warehousing Services KPIs and work locally with warehousing teams on improvements
- Participate and drive global projects on process improvements / new service pilots
- Maintain and manage global warehousing SOPs and ensure they are standardized across regions
- Conduct research on service offering and additional services we can offer
- Develop standard template on opening new facilities, including model for calculating break even points, investment required etc.
- Conduct Market research on new trends to build the warehouse of the future
- Prepare documents for internal and external trainings as well as webinars
- Interact with Global Warehouse community to share best practices
You should have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, BBA or similar relevant area of study
- 2+ years of prior experience as a Supply Chain Solutions Analyst or in Supply Chain or Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital Research would be preferred OR candidates Master’s in Supply Chain / Industrial Engineering will also be considered
- Experience in building complex data models on Excel, developing macros and prior SQL knowledge is a must (added experience in Python a plus)
- Experience in market research, building reporting tools and dashboards and working on process improvement
- Experience working in the Logistics industry or developing strategy for warehouses would be a plus
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- Exceptional technical aptitude and strong desire for learning new technologies and solution architectures.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.