Senior Interaction Designer at Tock
Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business. This includes a robust reservation, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes across the globe.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine around the world.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of March 2019):
Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay
Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with WineDirect
Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
Reached a global customer base of over 23 countries operating in 100+ cities
Has now processed over $450 million in prepaid reservations
About the position
We’re looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to help us develop a polished user experience for our products, as we seek to change how the restaurant industry operates and how guests across the world explore, discover, and book reservations. You’ll be responsible for working closely with both our product design and engineering teams as an interaction design practitioner and an advocate for our customers as we build beautiful, accessible, and performant front-end interfaces.
- You're curious about the problems Tock is solving and interested in questioning restaurant conventions
- You're excited about collaborating closely across product teams on projects from start to finish and have strong leadership skills to foster a healthy relationship between design and engineering
- You’re comfortable reviewing and contributing to design production, but deeply capable of implementing designs in code and refactoring existing components to consistently and incrementally improve user experience
- You have high standards for how implemented designs look and function, but you strive to ship quickly and iterate frequently based on feedback
- You're driven by metrics, data, and research while always vouching for and empathizing with the end user
- You keep the business's constraints (time, budget, competition, etc.) in mind while exploring design solutions
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap