Senior Product Designer at Tock
Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business. This includes a robust reservation, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes across the globe.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine around the world.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of October 2019):
- Reached a global customer base of over 1,600 businesses in over 28 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Booked over 20 million guests
- Processed over $600 million in prepaid reservations
- Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative companies
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
About the position
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead the exploration, strategy, and design of new features that reimagine how restaurants operate and how guests across the world explore, discover, and book reservations. You'll be responsible for researching, prototyping, designing, building, and iterating on your ideas alongside your design and engineering teammates.
- You are curious about the problems Tock is solving
- You are capable of independently leading projects from start to finish with demonstrated experience researching, designing, and launching products
- You have strong leadership skills to foster a healthy environment between design and engineering
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and are confident pitching ideas to leadership
- You have a deep knowledge of industry standard prototyping tools
- You can create beautiful, high-fidelity designs
- You have high standards for how your designs look and work but you strive to ship quickly and iterate frequently based on feedback
- You are driven by metrics, data, and research while always vouching for and empathizing with the user
- You keep the business's constraints (time, budget, competition, etc.) in mind while exploring design solutions
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.