Senior QA Analyst
Envoy Global is on a mission to disrupt the global immigration process. Our patented online platform integrates the best of people and technology to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals.
Working alongside our affiliated law firm, Global Immigration Associates, we are giving companies the tools they need to hire the best talent from around the world, send talent where it’s needed, and help support foreign workers and immigrants throughout the process. We’re a fast-growing, award-winning technology company, a leader in our space and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms.
The Senior QA Analyst will possess a strong curiosity about software anomalies and a desire to find their root cause. If you’re excellent at what you do, and you want to take your quality assurance career to the next level with a passionate development team at a great company, you might be the perfect fit for us!
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship, as well as identify opportunities for and encourage continuous improvement within the team
- Lead the practice for Quality Assurance Team in an area of specialization under the supervision of the QA manager
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, and other project stakeholders
- Understand business requirements and process to create clear test plans
- Identify gaps in user stories or business requirements
- Provide estimates for testing efforts to product managers
- Execute test cases, reporting and tracking defects
- Investigate issues referred by the Product Support team
- Apply sound quality management methods, tools, and techniques
- Act as the "Voice of the Customer" during the sprint cycle process
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5+ years of experience in quality assurance for web applications
- High proficiency in testing methodology, SDLC methodology, test documentation procedures, and QA Best Practices
- In-depth knowledge and experience in at least one QA specialization (e.g. performance testing, security testing, test automation development)
- A clear understanding of automated test processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers and senior management)
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Experience testing single-page applications, Agile/Scrum SDLC, and skill using tools such as JIRA and Confluence to manage the lifecycle
Due to COVID, Envoy currently has its employees working from home until end of year of 2020. As part of our workforce working from home, we continually communicate with employees, fostering a culture of transparency and balance, staying focused on protecting the team and serving our customers.
To do so, our CEO hosts bi-weekly mini-All Hands Meetings. This gives the company updates on the state of the business, recognizes employees service and accomplishments, identifies opportunities to learn from each other, and have a little fun while we're at it. We continuously identify how Envoy can support our employees and culture to ensure a productive, healthy, and balanced work environment, ultimately providing great service and tech to our customers and their workforces. Of recent, our teams and managers like to balance our productivity and focus on servicing our customers, with some fun: whether that includes virtual team happy hours and game nights or sharing photos of recent vacations (or stay-cations), and of course we always invite pictures of furry, feathered, or scaled “co-workers”.
If requested, employees are also able to voluntarily work in the office located in the heart of the Chicago Loop, conveniently located 2 blocks from Metra trains and the CTA.
As an employee of Envoy, we offer a variety of perks, benefits to help reflect our great culture and mission.
Perks & Benefits:
- Extremely competitive and robust benefits through BCBS IL including telemedicine and mental health resources, and Principal Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k and company match which vests immediately
- Annual accrual of 18 days of paid time off (PTO), 2 personal days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- On demand learning and development courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Product and industry training
- Stock options after one year of employment
- Growing social responsibility programs & partnerships
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day!
Recent Community Recognition:
- Built in Chicago's 2020 Best Places to Work
- Chicago Innovation Award Winner 2019
- ITA Industry Disrupter Winner 2019
Envoy Global is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability