Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Tock’s explosive growth:
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards and WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
About the position
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Design Systems to help us define, build, and maintain the implementation of Tock's design system, Bamboo. In this role, you will collaborate directly with a small team of designers and engineers to develop patterns, build components, and evolve Bamboo. You will help drive its adoption across multiple teams of software engineers and product designers.
What we’re looking for
- At least 4 years of experience building highly used UI on the frontend of the web.
- Experience leading in building the frontend of a design system and driving its adoption.
- A specialist in and advocate for the frontend of the web.
- Thrives in the execution of details
- Self-motivated and eager to lead and collaborate with teammates across departments.
- User-focused problem solver. Prioritizes the needs of a user while building engineering tools.
- Seeks to understand the specific needs of peers and creates considerate solutions that accommodate varying concerns across teams.
- Driven by desires for consistency, efficiency, and quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you’ll do
- You will be building components for cutting-edge web applications using TypeScript and React and following WAI-AA standards.
- You will be building components with significant requirements outside the presentation layer, using an approach that accommodates these functional concerns.
- You will be collaborating with designers and engineers to build Bamboo and evolve our existing UI to use it.
- You will be building scalable and informative documentation in the form of references, guides, and code comments while reinforcing Bamboo at each step.
- You will help improve the entire engineering team’s processes around building UI and using Bamboo.
- Experience with React, TypeScript, Figma, Storybook, or as a designer is a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
How to apply
Complete the short application below and submit a resume and cover letter.