Envoy Global is on a mission to disrupt the global immigration process! Our patented online platform integrates the best of people and technology to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals.
Working alongside our affiliated law firm, Global Immigration Associates, we are giving companies the tools they need to hire the best talent from around the world, send talent where it’s needed, and help support foreign workers and immigrants throughout the process.
We’re a fast-growing, award-winning technology company, a leader in our space, and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer/Developer who has strong experience working with C# and developing ASP.NET applications. You'll have the opportunity to lead full life-cycle projects, from requirements gathering and technical design through development, launch, and support. Each project gives you the chance to solve unique business problems for our clients, interacting with them directly to create the best solution.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Have hands-on expertise using Microsoft .NET and SQL Server
- Drive continuous improvement within the team by focusing on engineering excellence
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Work with both internal and external users to document project success criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Computer Science) with 5-8+ years industry experience
- Strong ability to design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and design patterns
- Creative problem-solving abilities and strength working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience developing Single Page Applications
- Familiarity with Angular, Chrome Debugger, Middle-Tier Design, Database Design, Project Planning/Management, Agile/Scrum SDLC, and skill using tools such as JIRA and Confluence to manage the lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience
Due to COVID, Envoy currently has its employees working from home until end of year of 2020. As part of our workforce working from home, we continually communicate with employees, fostering a culture of transparency and balance, staying focused on protecting the team and serving our customers.
To do so, our CEO hosts bi-weekly mini-All Hands Meetings. This gives the company updates on the state of the business, recognizes employees service and accomplishments, identifies opportunities to learn from each other, and have a little fun while we're at it. We continuously identify how Envoy can support our employees and culture to ensure a productive, healthy, and balanced work environment, ultimately providing great service and tech to our customers and their workforces. Of recent, our teams and managers like to balance our productivity and focus on servicing our customers, with some fun: whether that includes virtual team happy hours and game nights or sharing photos of recent vacations (or stay-cations), and of course we always invite pictures of furry, feathered, or scaled “co-workers” .
If requested, employees are also able to voluntarily work in the office located in the heart of the Chicago Loop, conveniently located 2 blocks from Metra trains and the CTA.
As an employee of Envoy, we offer a variety of perks, benefits to help reflect our great culture and mission.
Perks & Benefits:
- Extremely competitive and robust benefits through BCBS IL including telemedicine and mental health resources, and Principal Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k and company match which vests immediately
- Annual accrual of 18 days of paid time off (PTO), 2 personal days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- On demand learning and development courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Product and industry training
- Stock options after one year of employment
- Growing social responsibility programs & partnerships
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day!
Recent Community Recognition:
- Built in Chicago's 2020 Best Places to Work
- Chicago Innovation Award Winner 2019
- ITA Industry Disrupter Winner 2019
Envoy Global is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability