Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Tock’s explosive growth:
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
About the position
Tock is looking for an experienced Finance Associate to add to our growing Finance department. You'll be part of a dynamic group, working alongside some of the world’s best Chefs, accomplished entrepreneurs, and world-famous restaurant owners. The ideal candidate is interested in working in a startup environment and is excited about the restaurant and hospitality industry.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, private equity or investment banking
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Advanced Excel skills - Excel test will be given as part of application process
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SQL knowledge preferred
- Experience with big data and maintaining relational databases
- Exemplary attention to detail in regards to financial analysis and accounting related items
- Ability to manage a team and delegate tasks appropriately
- Professionalism and confidentiality of sensitive information including revenue, payroll, business development plans and other financial matters
- Experience with accounting software (Quickbooks Online preferred)
What you’ll do
- Understand and analyze our business systems in order to streamline, improve, and evolve current standards
- Assist in maintaining accounting system and internal databases
- Lead advanced analysis (liquidity, customer trends, etc.) and report finding to Finance team, other departments and/or the Tock leadership team
- Interact with Tock customers to help troubleshoot their financial questions or concerns
- Collaborate internally with other departments to strategize, troubleshoot issues, and support any needs they may have . The Tock finance team regularly works with the following departments: Engineering, Account Management, Sales, HR, Hospitality, Marketing, Design and Business Development.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Must be willing to relocate to Chicago within three months of Tock Team’s formal return to office space
How to apply
Submit a resume and cover letter below. Cover letter should address the prompts below, and be under 500 words in total.
- Why do you want to work for Tock and why do you think you would be a good fit?
- Provide an example of a professional experience within the past three years in which your analysis and work created a positive change at your company.