Staff Accountant at Envoy Global
Envoy Global is on a mission to disrupt the global immigration process. Our patented online platform integrates the best of people and technology to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals.
Working alongside our affiliated law firms, we are giving companies the tools they need to hire the best talent from around the world, send talent where it’s needed, and help support foreign workers and immigrants throughout the process. We’re a fast‐growing, award‐winning technology company, a leader in our space, and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms.
Envoy is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our fast-paced work environment. This person will manage month-end close, treasury, AR, and AP. The perfect candidate will be a self-starter, excited to learn, and willing to adapt to constant change. This role will report directly to the Controller and will have great visibility cross-departmentally across all functions of the organization.
- Manages all cash related activities including application of cash receipts, corresponding journal entries, cash reconciliations, and detailed cash tracking
- Leads collections efforts by working with customers and Account Managers to ensure timely payment of invoices, assists in resolving invoicing questions and facilitates any unique customer invoicing needs
- Prepares monthly presentations summarizing AR and collections trends for distribution to leadership
- Performs the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensures that all invoices are properly classified and paid accurately
- Reviews general ledger activity regarding payables to ensure all activity is properly recorded and reflected in financials
- Assists in the processing of monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation, and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary
- Assist management with ad-hoc projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's in Accounting
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting
- Proficient in Excel, experience with Intacct a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
Perks & Benefits:
- Extremely competitive and robust benefits through BCBS IL including telemedicine and mental health resources, and Principal Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k and company match which vests immediately
- Annual accrual of 18 days of paid time off (PTO), 2 personal days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- On-demand learning and development courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Product and industry training
- Stock options after one year of employment
- Growing social responsibility programs & partnerships
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day!
Recent Community Recognition:
- BuiltIn Chicago's 2020 & 2021 Best Places to Work
- Chicago Innovation Award Winner 2019
- ITA Industry Disrupter Winner 2019
Envoy Global is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability