Chief People Officer
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company that needs YOU to help us as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk and compliance). At LogicGate, you’ll join a group of bright, welcoming people ready to learn, grow, and do the right thing for our customers.
LogicGate is recruiting for a Chief People Officer that will continue to drive growth through a talent strategy focused on hiring and developing next-level leaders. The company has grown significantly in the past six years. This leader will drive a comprehensive “People Success” strategy (after all, it’s not only about Customer Success) across a hybrid workforce with remote, flex schedule and in office teams across the US with a new international expansion focus starting in the United Kingdom.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To build on the organization’s leadership in an increasingly complex and growing field, the organization is seeking to recruit a senior executive to serve in the critical role of its Chief People Officer (CPO). The CPO is responsible for defining, building and leading a human resources strategy aligned with the organization’s business strategy and senior leadership team.
Further, the CPO will lead the development and implementation of commercially focused Human Resources practices, policies, procedures, and programs that are aligned with the continued growth, transformation and focused impact of the company. SPECIFICALLY, the Chief People Officer will:
- Lead the transformation of the function from transaction-based to a proactive, business- focused HR capability known for working with leaders to define the strategy of the future.
- Demonstrate hands-on ownership for all total rewards initiatives, enabling the alignment of performance and rewards. This includes compensation, executive compensation, equity, benefit plans, (including health, welfare and retirement plans) and ensuring compliance and effective cost management.
- Build an end-to-end talent capability that supports the business’ ability to grow and provide superior outcomes within the markets served.
- Assess and anticipate the organization’s talent needs to best understand current and future leadership gaps and bench strength, and then design and implement a comprehensive leadership development strategy to meet future needs.
- Drive an impactful and aggressive recruiting function for the company. Ensure effective recruiting practices that drive hiring of the right people in all areas, including technology talent.
- Increase visibility of high potential talent to expand career and development opportunities. Specifically, create a multi-level mid-manager to senior leader career development program; launch programs to promote stretch/challenge assignments through lateral rotation and project-based assignments.
- Optimize the employment brand to establish the company as a destination for market impact and personal growth.
- Partner with senior leadership and other critical stakeholders to ensure any future acquisition, affiliation and/or integration processes are seamless. Ensure systems, processes and people are well-integrated, and top talent is retained. Mastery in all aspects of the M&A process, and works with deal-teams, as appropriate.
- Problem-solve across the company, ensuring the tough conversations are on-going and move people to a better place or a higher level of productivity. Leverages data-driven decision- making. Known for fact-based approaches to addressing employee relations and performance management.
- Build authentic, cooperative partnerships across the company. Develop and maintain a spirit of collaboration, meaningful feedback loops and communication across the organization.
- Serve as a highly commercial, financially facile HR thought partner to the Executive Team. Known for engagement across the senior leadership team facilitating quick outcomes and solving organization challenges with ease and discretion.
- Demonstrate a strong, visible and continued commitment to the attraction, development and retention of diverse leadership, management and employee talent. Lead DEIBs initiatives that are business-focused and impactful.
- 10+ years combined experience serving as a strategic, growth-minded HR leader and executive with proven expertise in all the “functional chairs of HR” with classic training and process orientation derived from serving in a best-practices HR organization (or larger entity).
- 3+ years in an HR senior leadership position helping to scale a rapidly growing technology company (from 100 employees to over 300 employees)
- 7+ years experience managing, mentoring, and growing other team member
- Demonstrated results in building tools and processes to drive an integrated human resources strategy across a distributed workforce, including technology talent, in a very dynamic and competitive environment.
- Talent leadership and mindset. Known for building an end-to-end talent management capability that foresees the future of the business and drives candidate and employee engagement. Excite succession options for individuals and engages and motivates all constituents, including millennials and diverse employees.
- Brings a talent agenda that includes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging to business discussions and operating reviews, and is known for expertise in attracting, retaining and developing talent across the organization, drawing on a network of highly qualified internal and external recruiters (and knowing when each is best leveraged).
- Ensures effective governance. Able to manage multiple stakeholders who often have competing agendas.
- Depth in total rewards, and known for a practical approach to compensation, executive compensation, benefits, HR processes and operations. Mastery in building HR systems, with a strong handle on all operational aspects of HR, ensuring compliance and mitigation of risk.
- Knowledge and experience with change management methodologies and leading and facilitating organization/transformational change initiatives under a strong growth mandate.
- Experience with senior executive engagement and facilitation, builds trust and rapport quickly, and has experience serving as a confidante to multiple business leaders. Must be willing to challenge a “point-of-view” when necessary and offer alternative and constructive suggestions, particularly in influencing, defining and aligning organizational development strategies and actions.
- Has exceptional listening skills and successfully deals with all levels of the organization.
- Commitment to integrity and ethics is unflappable, with a well grounded common sense approach to doing work. A role model for the culture and values.
- Bachelor’s degree required; an MBA or advanced degree in Human Resources or related field, is preferred.
This job is eligible for remote work in all states with the exception of Colorado.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work Environment
- Regular cadence of communication organization-wide like monthly All Hands meetings.
- Highly collaborative, cross functional environment leveraging all the right tools no matter your location.
- Commitment to the growth of our employees through various frameworks including an Emerging Leaders Program.
- Social activities (yes, even remotely!) where we can come together and celebrate all that we’ve accomplished like an amazing anniversary party or talent show!
- Time Off; 33 business days in first year of employment
- 16 Days PTO
- 9 Company Holidays (Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Thanksgiving, etc.) PLUS two floating holidays annually
- 6 Health Days (Mental & Physical)
- Equitable Parental Leave Policy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for Medical, Dental and Vision
- LogicGate covers 80% of employee premiums
- Flex Rewards
- Monthly funds on Benepass debit card to be leveraged by the employee (cell phone, streaming services, child care, dog walker, etc.)
- Partial ownership of company through stock options
Here are just a few things we’ve been up to recently:
- We’ve secured $156M in total funding to help us continue our mission
- We earned our placement as the #1 GRC Solution on the G2 Grid - an honor we’ve received many times over!
- We were included on Built-In Chicago's list of Best Small Companies to Work For in 2020, Crain's Chicago Business 2021 Best Places to Work, and Chicago Tribune Top Workplaces 2020!
Not too familiar with GRC? That’s ok—a lot of us weren’t when we were in your shoes either. Here’s what you need to know:
- GRC stands for governance, risk management, and compliance
- GRC professionals help their companies manage uncertainty, act with integrity, and stay on the right side of the law. Bottom line: they keep their companies on the right track.
- GRC is a huge market, and growing fast. Not only is it a $35 billion industry today, it’s predicted to grow to $64 billion by 2025. This is what we’re going after!
LogicGate is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing LogicGate employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices reopen, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at a LogicGate office.