Corporate Social Responsibility Director at Green Thumb Industries (GTI)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:46 a.m. (CST) on Monday, May 25, 2020
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Corporate Social Responsibility Director will support the development and execution of the GTI Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Inclusion and Impact Program (referred to broadly as our “CSR Program”). The CSR Director will be responsible for strong collaboration with key business functions to identify existing programs and initiatives that fall under the umbrella of the CSR Program and then formalize them, as well as future programs and initiatives, in a written CSR Program. Representing Green Thumb internally and externally the goals will include driving awareness and engagement through partnerships with internal business partners across supply chain, marketing, people operations, legal, etc.
The role is ideal for someone with a broad knowledge of – and a passion for – traditional CSR and Diversity & Inclusion programs, as well as the social equity initiatives needed in the regulated cannabis industry.
- Build Green Thumb’s CSR Program: Through partnership with various business stakeholders collect information regarding existing GTI programs and initiatives that fall under the CSR Program umbrella (including Diversity & Inclusion work and “Inspire Impact” activities) and create a strategic vision and plan
- Create a strategic plan for implementing the Illinois LEAP program more broadly
- Ensure compliance with commitments made in license applications regarding activities that fall under the CSR Program umbrella
- Build relationships and potentially partner with not-for-profits and other groups that are aligned with the CSR Program’s goals
- Manage projects from design to launch, liaising with multiple internal business functions across the company, including Legal/Compliance, Supply Chain, Marketing, Communications, People and Operations
- Primary responsibility for Program communications internally; maintain CSR Program information on Company’s intranet and website
- Support external CSR Program reporting, aligning with Legal/Compliance and Marketing teams to drive program awareness and communicate program results
- Ability to connect and align CSR, D&I, and engagement to talent strategies
- Track developments in relevant regulations impacting the Company
- Track and report progress on budget and CSR Program KPIs
- 7+ years prior experience managing CSR initiatives (as broadly defined in this job description to include Diversity & Inclusion, social equity, and community benefit)
- Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred but not required; specialized training/educational focus on CSR and Diversity and Inclusion strategy preferred
- Experience in Corporate Sustainability efforts, trends, reporting and programs that impact both corporate reputation and community
- Experience in establishing and building partnerships with non-profit partners
- Media relations experience and strong communication abilities including presentation, verbal, and written skills
- Proven background in external facing position
- Proven expertise managing and owning budgets
- Strong internet research skills, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- A proven track record of results with a bias for action
- A passion for learning and a craving to make a difference!
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams
- with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description