Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
At Home Chef, we believe it's our workforce that sets up apart. Across our Corporate location and 3 production facilities, it’s our employees who make it possible for us to succeed at our mission of delivering delicious home-cooked meals to our customers. As such, we continue to invest in our workforce and ensure Home Chef is a diverse environment that fosters equity and inclusion, one where our employees feel safe being themselves at work.
We’re looking for a Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to lead efforts across our HQ and plants and ensure this vision is a reality for employees everyday. The ideal candidate is someone with DEI and/or HR experience in the field who is comfortable voicing their opinions, problem solving and pushing teams to learn and grow. Come join us on this exciting journey!
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is responsible for managing and implementing DEI strategies and initiatives across the Home Chef organization, including at our 3 production facilities. The Director of DEI will also support and guide other functions, such as talent acquisition and community outreach, as we embed diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the organization. Home Chef will look to this individual for advice and guidance on DEI related topics and initiatives. This role is highly visible in the organization, working with employees at all levels and advising the executive team.
This position requires up to 10-20% travel, once travel restrictions are lifted.
In this role, you will:
- Support DEI leadership with development and implementation of DEI strategies aligned to Home Chef’s executive vision
- Execute diversity programs in partnership with our DEI council and various DEI / HR stakeholders
- Serve as subject matter expert / liaison to HRBPs / partner to the business functions
- Build and maintain metrics to measure success of DEI programming
- Stay up-to-date on DEI trends
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 7+ years professional experience, with 2+ years DEI-specific responsibility
- Proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading diversity and inclusion related initiatives and programs
- Ability to build strong relationships and interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Project/program management skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in facilitation/presentation
- Previous experience working with an hourly or production workforce is a plus
- Sense of urgency and able to deal with ambiguity and often changing priorities
- Skilled at developing executive-level outputs in PowerPoint and communicating findings to leadership
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets analytics capabilities
- This position will require up to 10-20% travel, once travel restrictions are lifted.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here