Director of Employee Relations
Director of Employee Relations
Summary of the Director of Employee Relations
The Employee Relations Director leads and manages the organization’s employee relations functions. Provides expertise and consulting services and ensures legal and regulatory compliance is maintained and company policies are applied. Supports human resources' initiatives in providing timely customer service to all our business units.
Responsibilities of the Director of Employee Relations
- Develops and implements employee relations policies with the goal of promoting employee satisfaction and
- Guides managers in creating positive and inclusive working environments.
- Ensures fair and equitable enforcement of employee relations related issues, which may include employee discipline, grievances and confect resolution, work life balance, and the EAP program.
- Investigates allegations of employee/employer misconduct and implements resolutions, which may include termination of the offending employee.
- Conducts and analyzes the results of employee surveys, focus groups, or exit interviews. Experience and Education: Leads and directs the work of other employees. Supervision is often provided through a team of subordinate managers.
- Counsels employees on issues related to EEO, ADA, and FMLA.
- Contributes to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the department or function.
- Recommends policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization.
Competencies of the Director of Employee Relations
- Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and build collaborative relationships
- Ability to understand system integration concepts and apply best practices across varying platforms
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong planning, problem solving, decision-making and troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality and professionalism
Qualifications of the Director of Employee Relations
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of managing employee relations
- Extensive experience conducting complex and highly sensitive employment investigations
- Proficient knowledge of labor law
- Strong business acumen
- Proficient in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
- Experience working in a rapidly changing work environment
- Master’s Degree in HRM or MBA preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.