Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and complementary services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities.
About the team:
Made up of production, instructional design, quality assurance, and faculty engagement, the Learning Design team inspires, engages and empowers each other to create the next generation of learning. This collaborative team works to translate traditional courseware into online formats in differentiating and compelling ways to create innovative online courses for our University partners. In addition, the team supports our University partners’ faculty through comprehensive training before and after the course development effort and throughout the course while teaching. The Director of Learning Design provides overarching project management for unique and complex technology-enabled services, including acting as a central point of communication for university partners, serving as a resource for Everspring’s functional teams operating in a matrix environment, identifying and resolving operational challenges
The Director of Learning Design leads a talented team of Instructional Designers, Faculty Engagement Specialists, and QA Specialists in building innovative and meaningful learning experiences for elite universities. This individual is a people manager, a process architect, and an e-learning specialist.
This position Reports to the VP Learning Design and is located in Chicago, IL.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a demonstrated track record of effectively managing people and projects
- Has significant experience in online higher education, specifically working with elite universities
- Has proven success communicating effectively with university leaders
- Has a demonstrated track record of creating and improving processes
- Has experience with and is comfortable working with a wide range of academic content
- Has a knack for finding solutions to complex operational problems
- Is a natural collaborator, but is comfortable moving projects forward and driving results with empathy for the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
- Is nonthreateningly confident, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Is motivated by a passion to create outstanding learning experiences
- Is discreet and has demonstrated the ability to manage confidential information
- Is a highly responsible individual, who takes ownership, and can accomplish tough tasks
- Has a strong belief in the value of education for creating success in life
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail
- Possesses outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Displays the highest levels of integrity
- Operates with a strong work ethic, requiring minimal supervision
- Wants to build and be part of a great team, doing a great thing
- Has a curious and creative mindset – enjoys change!
- Manage a team of Instructional Designers, Faculty Engagement Specialists, and QA Specialists
- Act as an obstacle remover, working with clients and internal stakeholders to solve problems
- Coordinate with Engagement Leads to facilitate implementation with university partners
- Ensure team coverage of Faculty Help Desk during off-hours and weekends and holidays, so escalations reach someone who can solve faculty problems
- Identify problems that impede success and work across teams to create sustainable solutions
- Represent Everspring on client calls and meetings
- Deliver presentations to university stakeholders
- Manage Faculty Help Desk support and training for a group of academic programs
- Manage resource capacity planning
- Onboard and train new staff
- Assist with change management
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- 5-7 years’ experience in learning design or higher education management
- 3-4 years' proven experience working with, training, or facilitating university faculty
- Master’s degree required, especially in management, higher education, instructional design, human-computer interaction, multimedia, or education/training
- Meaningful experience leading through influence, across levels and functions of complex organizations
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.