Director, People and Culture at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves three years in a row 2021, 2020, 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
Director, People and Culture (US HRBP)
As the Director, People and Culture, you will provide support to all US team members on various HR related matters. You'll be a strategic adviser to leadership, a partner to managers, and an ally to every person at project44. We are in hyper-growth mode and seek an experienced HR Lead with a start-up and entrepreneurial mindset.
You will report to the CPO and partner with cross-functional Team Leaders to build and execute exciting programs and strategies that drive our business forward as we evolve, develop and cultivate our people and our culture.
- Drive our approach to cultivate and support a culture that “practices real talk”- transparent, empowering, high achieving and positive
- Develop and manage a quality People Operations infrastructure: systems, processes and programs; e.g. benefits, compensation, immigration, compliance, HRIS administration, and confidential information
- Manage the dimensions of people operations with a strong emphasis on supporting our retention processes as we continue to grow rapidly and leverage internal relationships
- Partner to share the wheel with Team Leaders to promote solutions on HR issues for high performing teams
- Advocate a customer service energy towards all employees that delivers an exceptional employee experience
- Develop and implement effective communication and employee engagement strategies that translates into quantitative results
- Uphold our culture of transparent feedback by addressing employee relations issues quickly, consistently and with respect and grace
- BA/BS degree with 4 years of experience working in Human Resources or a related function
- 4+ years experience in administering benefit plans (401k, health, transit) and HR operations that deliver a high quality experience for employees
- Self-disciplined and solutions focused with experience excelling in a dynamic, fluid and fast-paced environment
- Previous experience working in a result driven or entrepreneurial environment required, technology company preferred
- Proven track record with creating solid relationships with internal business partners
- Passion for helping team leaders do their best to inspire their teams while retaining high performance and driving for results.
- Knowledge of current labor laws, as well as recent changes and trends in employment practices
- Experience at an organization of similar scope and scale to project44 is a plus
- PHR or SPHR preferred
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.