Director of Workforce Planning & Talent Acquisition at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
The Director of Workforce Planning & Talent Acquisition will:
- Evolve and continuously update restaurant recruitment collateral and resources, allowing McDonald’s to grow an “employee-obsessed” culture and be recognized as America’s Best First Job
- Use technology to improve candidate attraction for the U.S. restaurants, and provide innovative recruitment solutions with validated return on investment
- Energize the McDonald’s system to recruit with a hospitality mindset and execute training to ensure employees with the right skillset join the team
- Encourage a fun, positive culture in which people feel respected and choose to stay with the company
- Identify and implement tactics needed to ensure a strong and cohesive direction in the area of staffing
- Create standardized reporting systems that will regularly lead to the identification of solutions and improvement areas for recruiting programs
- Lead special U.S. projects focused on mitigating staffing gaps that impact restaurant execution
- Lead tactical recruitment efforts of McDonald’s corporate employees with direct leadership of a project manager and a recruiting team
- Develop key recruitment analytics for the System in order to grow a data-driven and technically skilled recruiting team
- Manage vendor relationships for all recruitment related projects, setting targets, assessing progress and reporting to the System
- Report to the Sr Director US HR, and lead the US Recruitment Team
Candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business
- Minimum 10 years recruiting experience in a fast-paced competitive business
- Successful record of managing full-cycle recruiting processes
- Experience managing recruitment teams, with a passion to lead and influence others
- Expertise in current recruitment technology trends, and developing / auditing key data analytics for recruitment systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and an aptitude for building rapport
- Strength in developing and deploying complex change initiatives
- Passion for understanding the business and collaborating cross functionally
- Bold creativity without fear of presenting originative concepts to leadership
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.