Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Operations Manager at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Our Office of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (DIBS) was established in December 2019 and is already making waves. Our DIBS mission is to cultivate a workplace in which all employees are empowered to see themselves in our community and all teams are optimized to execute on company strategy. As the DIBS Operations Manager you’ll work hand in hand with our Head of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging in our Chicago office. Your primary focus will be to ensure that our DIBS strategy, programs, and metrics are cohesive and high impact. Within a year, you will be intimately familiar with all aspects of a strategic DIBS function. This is the right time and right place to leave your stamp on a healthy and dynamic company culture that has all the right ingredients to transform the future of work!
This role is located in our Chicago office.Your Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with Employee Resource Groups to streamline processes and communications
- Own the logistical planning and coordination for virtual and in-person DIBS workshops and events
- Refine DIBS data mechanisms to enable efficient and compelling reporting
- Partner with HRBPs, L&D, and related functional leaders to ensure cohesion and continuity across efforts
- Experience in an in-house diversity, inclusion & belonging; people & culture; people analytics; HR or similar team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on project plans that require cross-functional partnerships
- Aptitude and passion for creating easy-to-use tools and templates to motivate, inspire, & nudge inclusive behaviors
- A clear point of view on the value and urgency of diversity, inclusion & belonging in tech
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. Whether you’re working from our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago or are part of our globally distributed team, we’re working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. Our vibrant culture is built on a common mission and shared values. As we create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, our employees build amazing teams, put our community first and have a bias towards action. We encourage team Upwork to bring their whole selves to work through learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. All that and amazing benefits too? We’ve got you covered (especially with our company favorite, Work Online Wednesdays). Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.