EARLY TALENT IT RECRUITER at Caterpillar
Are you passionate, energetic, agile and collaborative? Do you have a drive to build great relationships and use your analytical skills to help recruit the next generation that will continue to help Caterpillar forge a successful future?
This exciting career opportunity will provide the qualified candidate the platform to partner with Caterpillar’s Global Information Services leaders to recruit and hire new graduates and interns, while executing on our university recruiting full-cycle hiring process. This role is critical for managing multiple accountabilities within our IT division early talent programs as well as diversity outreach plans.
We’re looking for someone to partner with the business to deliver a high-touch, personalized campus candidate experience and bring the right talent in the door. To accomplish this, you’ll need to:
• Navigate the campus environment – up on current trends and able to develop strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver a customized approach.
• Understand your clients and customers – collaborate to evaluate recruiting needs for today and tomorrow.
• Appreciate the student candidate pool – work consistently to ensure a phenomenal candidate experience starting at first meeting through internship and ideally to conversion; work to navigate any roadblocks in the hiring process through effective use of time and resources.
• Recognize the importance of data-driven insights – collect and track metrics to provide insights to a full story.
• Step outside the box and work to develop early talent strategies that are not limited to college hires and interns.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as the primary recruiting contact to attract, recruit, and hire early talent for Information Technology Internship Program as well as our entry (post-graduating students) level programs and positions. There’s also the potential to support the hiring for additional functional areas.
• Engage with hiring managers and business leaders to understand and identify the recruiting needs and required skills.
• Flex creativity as you manage the candidate pipeline and recruiting campaigns using effective sourcing strategies – universities, clubs and organizations, social media, etc.
• Tasked with partnering closely with our campus recruiting teams and serving as the Subject Matter Expert for Information Technology Early Talent needs.
• Assess and evaluate the campus strategy and partnership with universities.
• Lead the strategy for campus engagements with universities.
• Maintain and ensure compliance with local recruitment policies & processes, educating partners who recruit with the organization on campus.
• Possess knowledge and hands-on experience with ATS and CRM databases.
• Responsible for providing early talent metrics at a divisional, functional, and segment level.
This position is open to remote work with someone who sits in the Midwest due to travel requirements.
• College or university degree
• Experience developing and implementing diversity strategies – using knowledge of emerging issues, legislation and current philosophy on diversity, inclusion, EEO/AA, and work-life
• Direct experience with campus recruitment events during early talent recruitment season
• Experience with ATS and CRM databases
• Demonstrated talent analytics and insights to provide data-driven solutions
Top Candidate will also have:
• Recruitment/human resources job-related experience and relationship management capability to manage multiple customers with ease
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Influencing and negotiation skills: ability to lead and coordinate efforts for recruiting team(s) at multiple levels of the organization
• Proven ability to balance time with high volumes of activity including managing a project plan and high-volume workload
• Experience working with recruitment policies and regulations
• Experience working with technical client groups
• Successfully implemented a creative solution or continuous improvement related to workforce needs
• Self-starter; Proven ability to work autonomously through completion
• As a requirement of this job you may be required to travel extensively during fall and spring recruitment season for campus recruitment events.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer such as H, L, TN, F, J, E and O. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.