Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides students, teachers, and leaders of music programs across the world with instruments they need.
Reverb’s Employee Communications & Engagement Manager will draft key internal announcements and create communication systems to empower our team with a deep understanding of our business. Our ideal candidate will bring empathy, integrity, and excellent communication skills and will build alignment, culture, and community by sharing our strategy, values, and work internally. The Manager will also play a key role in Reverb's employer branding strategy, working closely with the Talent Acquisition team to plan and draft external communication targeted to prospective employees.
This position is located in our Chicago, IL office and will report to our Sr. Manager, Brand & Communications on the Marketing Team. To apply, please submit your resume along with writing samples (internal announcements, emails, etc.) for us to review!
- Lead, develop, and execute communications that align with Reverb’s priorities as well as shape employee engagement and culture
- Collaborate with the Leadership and People Teams to ensure our organization understands Reverb's strategy and initiatives
- Draft, edit and publish key internal and external announcements, including developing written and verbal communications for Reverb’s intranet, employee newsletter, and all-company meetings
- Ensure internal and external communication aligns with Reverb's brand goals and messaging
- Manage internal communication responses to crisis situations that affect brand perception, employee engagement, and reputation
- Build Reverb’s employer brand by securing local and national promotional opportunities and drafting and editing materials, such as written media interviews, speaker prep documents and award submissions
- 5-7 years working in a communications role at an agency or brand with at least 3 years focusing on internal communications
- Impeccable writing skills with attention to detail and the ability to communicate information to multiple audiences
- Strong critical thinking and relationship building skills and a high level of emotional intelligence to your work
- Ability to quickly grasp and synthesize sophisticated issues and comfort working with confidential information and across priorities
- You are passionate about contributing to a marketplace that serves the creative community! You care deeply about the customer experience!
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the imposter syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!
Reverb is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy.