Employee Experience Manager
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you’re looking to play a “back office” HR role, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Shared Services team is the foundation of our culture and steward of our values. We partner with our internal clients and provide exceptional service to enable them to provide outstanding service to the firm’s clients. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking an Employee Experience Manager to join the People Strategy & Experience team. A role within this team means delivering on our positive and award-winning employee experience – one packed with challenging opportunities that enable our employees to build impactful lives with those they trust. The Employee Experience Manager role is responsible for defining the Employee Experience strategy, establishing a Voice of the Employee (VoE) program and delivering on initiatives to deliver on our employer brand and improve the employee experience. You will need to partner across functions, the line, with Shared Services partners, and all employees, requiring extensive data-backed analysis to influence decision making.
- Define an Employee Experience (EX) Strategy & Roadmap, which includes uncovering market differentiators through a competitor landscape assessment (in partnership with Strategic Growth team) and determining EX deficiencies to be addressed
- Establish a Voice of the Employee (VoE) program (includes selection of tools) to systematically gather data, help interpret findings, and provide a two-way communication platform between employees and leadership
- Extend EX strategy to promote an effective digital workplace and experience
- Enhance our Employer Brand in partnership with Marketing team
- Define and lead an Employee Experience governance structure to manage various EX initiatives
- Lead and manage highly visible, cross-functional portfolio of EX initiatives, including proactively communicating and reporting on overall initiative health and the defined KPIs/metrics for each initiative
- Use diverse and compelling data-driven methods to communicate effectively and with partners at various levels, including senior leadership
- Communicate risks and issues and manage mitigation plans, accordingly
- Understand downstream impacts of employee experience and partner with Shared Services functions to make changes accordingly
- Serve as a change leader and EX evangelist by elevating themes and messages, influencing key stakeholders and potential recruits (employment brand), and highlighting messaging in our sales material to clients
- Coach cross-functional teams to execute on EX initiatives in alignment with our employee value proposition
- Analyze effectiveness of EX efforts (metrics) to ensure objectives are met and benefits realized
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in employee experience / digital workplace principles and tools
- Ability to create structure around ambiguous assignments and manage complexity in terms of the work and stakeholders to deliver results in a compressed timeframe
- Ability to identify measures and metrics to assess effectiveness of efforts
- Use best-in-class project management and stakeholder engagement techniques to influence broad group of stakeholders and senior leaders – without direct authority
- Ability to speak in front of large populations (firmwide)
- Strong foundation in problem solving, analytics, project management, change management principles and tools
- Strong emotional intelligence and communications skills; superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills and ability to influence stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Organizational Development, or related field required; Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 10 or more years of experience establishing, leading and delivering effective employee experiences
- Experience in a professional services environment desirable
- Proven track record of critical thinking; synthesizing data to address complex problems via achievable strategies/solutions
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong prioritization skills
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and influence stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, nimble, professional environment
- High proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.