At Vivid Seats we believe that our employees are essential to our success, and our reward programs play a critical role in attracting, motivating and retaining the best talent. We are looking for a Director of Compensation to refine and drive Vivid Seats' Compensation philosophy and practices. The ideal candidate will have significant experience with executive compensation, broad-based compensation, and equity program administration.
The role will oversee and evolve our internal compensation processes and platforms, design optimal total rewards programs, and align rewards with our performance management practices.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will be a trusted advisor to our C-suite, Leadership and Compensation Committee as well as develop and manage Executive and broad-based compensation best practices, including market survey submission, job matching, comp bands and annual benchmarking. You will also have a key role in equity program planning, administration and communication.
In this role you will:
Build strong functional foundation:
- Benchmark all compensation programs and plans to ensure internal equity and market competitiveness; ensure alignment with our business growth, financial and people team priorities
- Manage the compensation cycle, including completion of a balanced portfolio of surveys, annual benchmarking and creation of salary bands
- Lead the broader HR team through regular benchmarking cycles to educate, analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and best practices
- Lead the annual compensation review processes, from devising program strategy to training managers to reviewing recommendations
- Evaluate and implement process improvements to the HRIS, which may include tools or systems that optimize our compensation workflows
- Own compliance with respect to all compensation programs
Communicate and Collaborate:
- Build strong partnerships with the HRBP, Talent, Payroll, Legal, Finance and Accounting teams as well as our compensation consultants and 3rd party vendors
- Develop compensation communications and educational materials to ensure that compensation programs are fully understood and appropriately valued by all stakeholders; includes the individual communication packages associated with all equity awards
- Design and train managers and HR professionals on key compensation issues, concepts, or processes
- Strategize with the Talent Acquisition team to develop competitive offers rooted in market data and aligned with our compensation philosophy for new hires and existing employees
Advise and Guide:
- Serve as the key owner of our work for our Compensation Committee and Board of Directors
- Utilize prior experience to help inform our work and strategic direction in both current and new markets
- Drive analytical rigor and deep analysis on the effectiveness and competitiveness of existing programs
- Innovate and react quickly as business and market realities change, staying up to date on best practices and trends; bring global knowledge of forward-thinking practices in rewards to design practices that fit best with Vivid Seats' goals and culture
To be successful, you'll need:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Compensation, ultimately leading a Compensation function or as a consultant leading and advising multiple clients. Experience must include Equity design, planning, administration and Executive Compensation
- Extensive exposure to building and successfully executing Compensation strategies for hyper-growth technology companies
- Track record of effectively partnering with a Board/Compensation Committee as well as internal senior stakeholders
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and ability to build and manage budgets, models, etc.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects with a strong operational background
- Hands-on, resourceful, forward-thinking driver, drawn to building from ambiguous and unsolved problems and have an "own the outcome" mindset
- Proven ability to influence and partner with a diverse group of stakeholders, able to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders on key Compensation topics
- Openness and flexibility when partnering with internal stakeholders, balancing compensation best practices with dynamic business needs
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter - which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allows our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each employee direct accountability of creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus